To help Loyola Marymount University parents prepare for the upcoming academic year, LMU's Parent and Family Programs has synthesized important information, dates and deadlines into the following checklists for Fall 2022:
August 28 (5:00 pm PST): Deadline to waive Tuition Insurance Protection
- New students for fall 2022 who do not wish to participate in the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan can opt out by waiving coverage through the online waiver process.
- For more information, please visit the Student Accounts website.
August 29: First day of fall classes
- Bookmark the Fall 2022 Academic Calendar Schedule for important dates.
- Bookmark the Final Exam Schedule to plan for the winter holiday break.
September 2: Last day to add/drop classes without a grade of W
- After this date, students may no longer add a class.
- After this date, a student will receive a grade of W if a class is dropped.
September 2: Last day for 100% refund
September 2: Deadline to opt-out of parking permit
September 5: University Holiday- Labor Day
- No classes in session in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
September 16: Last day for 50% refund
September 30 (5:00 pm PST): Deadline to complete student health insurance waiver
- Go to the Aetna Student Health website.
- At the top of the page, go to “Find Your School” — type in Loyola Marymount University.
- Click on “Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan”.
- Follow instructions to complete — be sure to have your health insurance ID card and plan description as you complete the waiver.
October 14: Mid-term deficiencies begin to be emailed to students
- Professors have the option to use the mid-term deficiency as a tool to let students know they may be at risk of failing the class and to encourage students to speak with their faculty.
- The mid-term deficiency will be sent directly to the student via their Lion email account and will also be posted on their PROWL account.
October 14: Autumn Day - No Classes
- University holiday.
October 21: Last day for 25% refund (no refunds available after 10/22)
November 4: Last day to withdraw from a class
- This is the last day students can withdraw from a class.
- Before withdrawing from a class, students are recommended to first consult with their professor and their advisor.
November 4: Spring registration advising begins for students
- Each student is assigned a registration date and time.
- Students can find their registration date and time via PROWL.
November 23-25: University Holiday- Thanksgiving Break
- No classes in session in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
December 9: Last day of classes
- By this day, students should know their Final Exam Schedule and contact their professors with any questions.
December 12-16: Final exams
- Final Exam Schedule for reference.
December 22: Fall Semester Grades Due to the Registrar’s Office
- Fall 2022 semester grades will start posting to your student’s PROWL account.
December 19: Spring payment plan enrollment deadline
December 20: First spring payment due
December 17 - January 8: Winter Break