To help Loyola Marymount University parents prepare for the upcoming academic year, LMU's Parent and Family Programs has synthesized important information, dates and deadlines into the following checklists for Fall 2020:
Student Accounts Authorized User
- In order to access you student's student account, your student must add you as an authorized user. Below are instructions to complete this process:
- You will receive a confirmation email with instructions to validate your login and password.
Will your student be under the age of 18 when they begin at LMU in the fall semester?
- Students under the age of 18 years old need parent permission/authorization to utilize Student Health Services. Students should download “Consent for Treatment of a Minor” form when they log into MyLMU.
Does your student have an identified disability?
- Students must provide documentation from a licensed professional.
- Services are offered to students who have established disabilities under state and federal laws.
- Visit the Disability Support Service website or call their office at (310) 338-4216.
September 4: Last day to add/drop classes without a grade of W
- After this date, students may no longer add a class.
- After this date, a student will receive the grade of W if a class is dropped.
September 4: Last day for 100% refund
September 4: University Holiday- Labor Day
- No classes in session in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
September 11: Last day for 90% refund
September 18: Last day for 70% refund
September 25: Last day for 50% refund
October 2 (5:00pm PST): Deadline to complete health insurance waiver
- Go to the Aetna Student Health website.
- At the top of the page, go to “Find Your School” — type in Loyola Marymount University.
- Click on “Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan”.
- Follow instructions to complete — be sure to have your health insurance ID card and plan description as you complete the waiver.
October 16: Mid-term deficiencies emailed to students
- Professors have the option to use the mid-term deficiency as a tool to let students know they may be at risk of failing the class and to encourage students to speak with their faculty.
- The mid-term deficiency will be sent directly to the student via their Lion email account and will also be posted on their PROWL account.
October 23: Last day for 25% refund (no refunds available after 10/24)
November 6: Last day to withdraw from a class
- This is the last day students can withdraw from a class.
- Before withdrawing from a class, students are recommended to first consult with their professor and their advisor.
November 8: Spring registration advising begins for students
- Each student is assigned a registration date and time.
- Students can find their registration date and time via PROWL.
November 25-27: University Holiday- Thanksgiving break
- No classes in session in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
December 11: Last day of classes
- By this day, students should know their Final Exam Schedule and contact their professors with any questions.
December 14-18: Final exams
- Final Exam Schedule for reference.
December 23: Fall Semester Grades Due to the Registrar’s Office
- Fall 2020 semester grades will start posting to your student’s PROWL account.
December 19: Spring payment plan enrollment deadline
December 20: First spring payment due
December 19 - January 10: Winter Break