To help Loyola Marymount University parents prepare for the upcoming academic year, LMU's Parent and Family Programs has synthesized important information, dates and deadlines into the following checklists for Fall 2021:
September 3: Last day to add/drop classes without a grade of W
- After this date, students may no longer add a class.
- After this date, a student will receive a grade of W if a class is dropped.
September 3: Last day for 100% refund
September 3: Deadline to opt-out of parking permit
September 6: University Holiday- Labor Day
- No classes in session in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
September 17: Last day for 50% refund
October 1 (5:00 pm PST): Deadline to complete health insurance waiver
- Go to the Aetna Student Health website.
- At the top of the page, go to “Find Your School” — type in Loyola Marymount University.
- Click on “Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan”.
- Follow instructions to complete — be sure to have your health insurance ID card and plan description as you complete the waiver.
October 14: Mid-term deficiencies emailed to students
- Professors have the option to use the mid-term deficiency as a tool to let students know they may be at risk of failing the class and to encourage students to speak with their faculty.
- The mid-term deficiency will be sent directly to the student via their Lion email account and will also be posted on their PROWL account.
October 15: Autumn Day - No Classes
- University holiday.
October 22: Last day for 25% refund (no refunds available after 10/23)
November 5: Last day to withdraw from a class
- This is the last day students can withdraw from a class.
- Before withdrawing from a class, students are recommended to first consult with their professor and their advisor.
November 5: Spring registration advising begins for students
- Each student is assigned a registration date and time.
- Students can find their registration date and time via PROWL.
November 24-26: University Holiday- Thanksgiving Break
- No classes in session in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
December 10: Last day of classes
- By this day, students should know their Final Exam Schedule and contact their professors with any questions.
December 13-17: Final exams
- Final Exam Schedule for reference.
December 22: Fall Semester Grades Due to the Registrar’s Office
- Fall 2021 semester grades will start posting to your student’s PROWL account.
December 19: Spring payment plan enrollment deadline
December 20: First spring payment due
December 18 - January 9: Winter Break