Call for Session Proposals
LMU Family Weekend Call for Session Proposals
Departments, programs, and organizations are welcome to submit sessions for the 29th Annual LMU Family Weekend 2023, which will be from Thursday, February 16 - Sunday, February 19. There are several session types offered and more details about each program type will be available to review as you move through the submission process. You can submit more than one session type, but make sure the description matches the delivery! If you have multiple proposals, please submit a new form for each session. The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 28.
All programs should include the following:
- A focus on welcoming LMU parents and family into the Lion community.
- Sharing information about a program or department that families would be interested in.
- Engaging session format that involves the audience and stimulates thought and/or discussion.
Your proposal will be evaluated by approximately six to seven members of the LMU Family Week Committee using the following standards:
- Content focus is on/for LMU families and possibly their students.
- Content appeals to a large audience.
- Content is appropriate for a general audience.
- Clearly stated session proposal.
- Engaging format.
- The content aligns with one or more of the three tenets of our University’s Mission:
- Encouragement of learning
- Education of the whole person
- Service of faith and promotion of justice
Please understand that this is a request and based on all information provided, the LMU Family Weekend Committee will arrange sessions at the appropriate date and time in the weekend's schedule to provide the most robust schedule and experience for our families and their students. Please note: the LMU Family Weekend Committee expects to reserve many requests for sessions; unfortunately, we may not be able to accommodate all proposals.
If you have any questions, please contact Parent and Family Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.