Career and Professional Committee
Co-Chairs: Kyle Greenberg, Academic Affairs and Diana Luna, Academic Affairs
- Serve as the catalyst for professional development within the Staff Senate by sourcing and providing development opportunities.
Co-Chairs: Ed Blancarte, Academic Affairs and Kevin Norwood, Administration
- Responsible for developing effective means of communications between the Staff Senate and constituents.
- Oversees all branding and marketing of Staff Senate.
- Oversees any and all publications created and distributed by Staff Senate.
Co-Chairs: Chelsea Brown, Student Affairs and Michael Cersosimo, Academic Affairs
- This committee shall oversee all staff fellowship events planned by the Staff Senate, including Athletics Tailgate Events, Arts/Cultural Receptions, and Annual Cart Parade.
Elections & Representation Committee
Co-Chairs: Reggie Melonson, Academic Affairs
- Responsible for conducting all Senate elections for membership, including Executive Board elections when necessary.
- Shall continually review the elections process & representation distribution to ensure that the Senate is a representative body of all the University staff.
- Responsible for creating and updating senator zones.
Social Justice Committee
Co-Chairs: Andrea Middleton, Academic Affairs and Lauren Moreno, Student Affairs
Responsible for researching, studying and providing appropriateresources, interventions and recommendations for specific social justice concerns.
Signature Events Committee
Co-Chairs: Christine Parra, Academic Affairs and Laura Jimenez, Administration
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the Staff Holiday Party in December, the Staff Appreciation BBQ in the summer, and a Staff Service Project/Event.
Recognition & Opportunities Committee
Co-Chairs: Jessica Lyon, Academic Affairs and Athena Simpson, Academic Affairs
- Manage annual Staff Computer Loan Lottery.
- Organize nomination and selection process for Barbara Bonney Staff Member of the Year Award.
- Will continually review and stay knowledgeable regarding benefits and opportunities offered by the university.
- Will work to ensure that all staff are aware of potential benefits/opportunities and how to access them,
- Will keep track of benefits at other similarly sized and situated schools to ensure that LMU remains competitive and fair regarding the benefits/opportunities offered.
- Advocating for benefits changes/new benefits.
- Organize Staff Senate presence at HR Benefits Fair.