Did you know...
- You can purchase hundreds of dollars of software for less than $10 through ITS?
- You can access free or discounted health and personal services, like financial and legal planning, through LMU's Health and Wellness offerings?
- You might be able to donate vacation time to a co-worker out on a medical leave, so they don't run out as quickly?
LMU offers a wide variety of resources and benefits to staff members. Staff Senate has compiled this list to spread the word about lesser-known opportunities you might want to utilize. If you know of something that should be included, contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: Some links on this page may require a MyLMU login.
- Software Discounts: You can buy discounted software for personal use through ITS. This includes Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and other specialized programs.
- Free movie streaming: Kanopy is a service offered through the William H. Hannon Library, which includes numerous documentary, foreign, and art films, as well as silent classics. Many of these selections are from the Criterion Collection and are not available on Apple Movies, Amazon, or Netflix streaming. Access Kanopy.
- Tuition Remission: Receiving tuition remission benefits may have associated costs. If you or a family member attends LMU and receives tuition remission, in many cases this is considered taxable income, and you may have to pay income tax on the amount of the benefit received. This statement should not be construed as tax advice; contact an income tax professional to determine your situation. View our tuition remission policies.
- LMU has an ombudsperson, who acts as an independent, impartial, neutral, confidential and informal resource for faculty, staff and administrators seeking to address, on an informal basis, University-related problems, disputes and complaints. Interim Special Assistant to the President for Intercultural Affairs, Dr. Jennifer Abe, (JSAbe@lmu.edu or 310.338.4586) currently serves as the university Ombudsperson. Learn more about our Ombuds services.
- You can receive increased compensation for temporarily taking on additional duties (e.g., in the absence or departure of a colleague): Speak to your supervisor.
Child Care Resources
- LMU Children's Center
- LMU Babysitters (Facebook group connecting parents and sitters in LMU-surrounding neighborhoods)
- Child Care Resources
- Lactation Room Reservation
Leaves of Absence
- Donating paid time off to colleagues with catastrophic injury or illness: Contact Tracie Montgomery at TMontgom@lmu.edu or x82723.
- The following can be found in the "Leaves of Absence" section of the HR Policies & Procedures page:
- Workers Compensation Leave
- School and Child Care Related Absences
- Family and Medical Leave
- Military Family Leave (FMLA)
- Pregnancy Related Disability Leave/Transfer
- Military/California Military Spousal Leave
- Voting Leave
- Personal Leave
Discounts and Freebies
Health and Wellness
- Low-Cost Gym Membership at Burns Recreation Center
- Alternative Transportation Incentive Program (ATIP)
Miscellaneous Staff Perks
Have more to add to this resource list? Did we miss something, or is a link out of date? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.