The LMU Parent Council is a group of dedicated parents and family members who:
- Attend three meetings on-campus each academic year: during Welcome Weekend in August, Family Weekend in February, and Preview Day in April.
- Make a minimum annual donation of $5,000 to the area at LMU most meaningful to them.
- Serve as ambassadors to the Lion community in their regions around the country, often hosting events and making calls to new parents.
- Facilitate the advancement of LMU through philanthropic support and active engagement in the life of the university.
- Share a common interest in strengthening LMU’s mission and reputation to enhance the student experience overall.
There are many benefits to becoming a member of the Parent Council! These include:
- Access to LMU leadership and cutting-edge information
- Invitations to private receptions with university leadership
- Donor courtesies for The LMU Society
- Opportunities to make meaningful connections with fellow Parent Council members, Lion parents, alumni, faculty and staff
- Providing your child and their classmates with the additional resources needed for a holistic LMU education through your philanthropy
Contact us to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
We have 3 on-campus meetings each academic year that coincide with larger university events. Our hope is that you attend every meeting, however, we understand that scheduling conflicts arise.
Your annual contribution is per family.
While we hope that you will be choose to be a part of Parent Council throughout your student’s entire college experience (and beyond!), your membership is an annual membership, renewable each year.
Yes! We’d love for you to continue to be members of our Parent Council after your son or daughter graduates. We will work with you to determine how you’d like to stay involved.