Staff may sign up to participate in groups of 2 or more
- Teams may sign up by filling out this registration form by Friday, December 16th, 2016
- Teams must indicate which cart they wish to use at that time.
- Teams must secure approval of the responsible department head before signing up with their cart information.
- A limited number of carts are available from Facilities Managements to teams wishing to sign up but without access to carts. These will be assigned with preference given to teams signing up first.
- Cart drivers must be certified. The final cart training of the semester is on Tuesday, December 13 at 9:30 a.m. Space is limited. To register, please contact Antonio Chavez at Antonio.Chavez@lmu.edu. If there are volunteer drivers, the Staff Senate will do its best to match you with a driver. If not, the team cannot participate.
- If you would like to volunteer as a driver for a team who does not have a certified driver, sign up here.
Each team must bring a minimum of 5 cans of food per team member to the event.
- Decorations must not impair the vision of the driver
- Please decorate your cart in advance to the parade. If you are borrowing a cart from Facilities Management, they will be available to check out beginning on Monday, December 19.
- Decorations are permitted so long as they are attached with PAINTER’S TAPE ONLY and do not damage carts or create a safety hazard. GLITTER IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED.
- Carts will be inspected for safety and rule abidance at check-in. Those carts failing to pass the inspection will not be allowed to process or be eligible to win.
- Check-in begins at 11:45 a.m. Carts must pass safety inspection before lining up for the parade. Drivers must be cart certified.
- The parade will begin at 12:15 p.m.
- Carts must drive safely and slowly during the parade.
- The parade will be led by a lead cart which all others must follow.
- At the conclusion of the parade, carts will park in designated spaces with a bin in front which will contain all food donated by that team.