Wellness Event and Holiday Health Tips
"Did you know?": Exams and screenings can help find potential problems early, when the chances for treatment and cure are often better. Vaccinations help prevent diseases and save lives.
- There were will complimentary flu shots and health screenings at the Benefits Fair
"Did you know?": Starting your day by streching is beneficial
- Stretching wakes you up, improves flexibility, helps circulation, and gives you more energy
"Did you know?": Taking time for yourself improves your health and your work
- Constantly being "on" doesn't give your brain a chance to rest and replenish itself. Being by yourself with no distractions gives you the chance to clear your mind, focus, and think more clearly.
"Did you know?": Use your lunch time helps your thinking
- Don't spend your lunch time working at your desk. Once a week or even just a couple of times a month, commit to spending lunch with yourself. Walk. Sit in the sun outside. Enjoy the time you have alone.
"Did you know?": Getting out of your seat while your working is a great way to stay active and clear your head
- Set a reminder for every 30 to 60 minutes that says "Get up and move!" Walk to get water, get some fresh air, or anything else that gets you out of your seat.