Veterans Appreciation Week
The Veteran Programs department, housed within the Student Success area, assists student veterans with their transition at LMU including:
- Providing co-curricular engagement opportunities
- Awarding scholarship funds to support student veterans
- Providing work placements on campus for student veterans through the VetWork Program
- Supporting and advising the Student Veterans Organization (SVO)
- Coordinating individualized services
During the week of Veterans Day, Veteran Programs coordinates with various departments and organizations for LMU’s annual Veterans Appreciation Week. The goal of the week is to create campus awareness of our faculty, staff and student veteran population at LMU through educational programming and social media initiatives. The Student Veterans Organization, created in 2009, was critical to the creation of Veterans Appreciation Week and continues to build understanding of the veteran experience. A highlight of the week is the annual Veterans Day Luncheon, hosted by the Loyola Club and the Division of Student Affairs, which honors LMU veteran students, staff, faculty and alumni for their service and contributions to the LMU community.