Staff Senate Sets in Motion Goals for 2014 - 2015
The Staff Senate at Loyola Marymount University released its goals for the 2014 – 2015 academic year in the beginning of the semester. The goals were determined based on feedback from the Staff Senators and the constituents that the senators represent. Click here to see a list of Staff Senators.
Staff Senators have been assigned to committees to work on accomplishing these goals throughout the year. The results of Staff Senate’s efforts will be reported on at a later date.
The 2014 – 2015 goals include:
- Create an awareness/branding campaign that includes designing a Staff Senate logo and bolstering the Senate’s presence and roll it out to increase Staff Senate visibility on campus.
- Revamp the current communication structure for how Staff Senate communicates with its constituents. Include a report on the feedback sessions: what we learned and how we are using that information moving forward.
- Release a document that outlines benefits to staff, focusing on areas that staff have identified are the most lacking in public understanding and awareness.
- Establish ourselves as the representative body of the University staff.
- Submit a proposal (potentially in conjunction with the Faculty Senate) on ways to improve upon the Child Care Center selection process.
- Produce a full slate of monthly fellowship and educational events, sponsored by Staff Senate, that provide Staff opportunity to interact and promote professional development.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact Staff Senate at email@example.com.